Sunday, August 24, 2008

Lake Eleanor & Grand Park

We decided to take advantage of the fleeting days of summer and go for a hike at Mt. Rainier National Park. Little did we know that because the temperatures were in the 70s that the mesquitos would be out in full force! I had brought and sprayed some bug spray on before we started, but my husband said that he didn't need any. After we were on the hike for about 30 minutes it became evident that we weren't just going to encounter a few bugs here and there. We ended up being barraged by mesquitos for the next 2 hours. So much so that we ended up turning around half way through our hike. Poor Casey was being eaten alive! There were probably 50 bugs surrounding him at any given time. It was crazy! I even ended up with a few bites. I think we will wait for the temperature to drop before we head out on another hike.



Ashlee at Lake Eleanor


Ashlee at Grand Park


Us at Grand Park


Mt. Rainier

No comments: