Sunday, July 13, 2008

Savannah and Tybee Island



















A few weeks ago I (Ashlee) went home to Ooltewah and we left the next day to go to Tybee Island and Savannah. It was my first time to Savannah and I have always wanted to go to this great Southern city. It was so quaint and similar to what I had imagined. The city is very logically laid out, (unlike Seattle) with 31 squares that feature fountains, statues, and huge trees with moss hanging from the branches.  Tybee beach was very laid back and a lot less crowded than florida beaches. All of the restaurants had a local flavor and we enjoyed eating a lot of shrimp! 

This trip was special because it was the last time that we had time with Mom and Chris before they went to Germany. Our extended family joined us too and we had fun going to the beach and playing scrabble at night. One highlight of the trip was getting to eat at Paula Deen's Lady and Sons!




2 comments:

Sara Ellison said...

OH! seeing this made me miss it! Isn't Savannah wonderful? Tybee is a hidden gem too! Glad you seemed to have a good time! :)

Margaret's Memoirs said...

Looks like you all had a lot of fun in Savannah!! Wish I could have been there--I absolutely love the book "Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil"!!!

PS-Ash, love the haircut!